This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

matlab error when run vst_mc_demo version 1.0.14b under matlab 2014b

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:33 PM
i downloaded the newest version, but could not run through the vst_mc_demo.m file
i got an error saying
Error using VtsMonteCarlo.RunSimulation (line 34)
No appropriate method, property, or field 'ToFile' for class 'Vts.MonteCarlo.SimulationInput'.

Error in vts_mc_demo (line 23)
output = VtsMonteCarlo.RunSimulation(si);

the environment i run is matlab 2014b (without optimizing toolbox, however, this error is not from the toolbox, i believe it is the code itself has some issue)
Jul 29, 2014 at 11:54 PM
When I run the MC code in MATLAB I have to tun it from the VTS directory (or at least start from there).

Albert Cerussi, PhD
Director, Diffuse Optical Spectroscopic Imaging (DOSI) Lab
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic
University of California, Irvine

Developer
Jul 30, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Hi shelpermisc,
The error you list is because of an inconsistency on our side. I'm sorry about that. If you need software quickly, you can download the VTS Matlab package 1.0.13 beta. I just ran vts_mc_demo with that download and all works okay. If you need a new capability that is not in that download, let me know. We plan to update the 1.0 download but not sure when.
Again, sorry for the problems.
Carole

Hi acerussi,
I'm not sure I understand your question. When you download the VTS Matlab package, then extract the files into a folder, you need to run the matlab scripts from within that folder. The access to the Vts library relies on a certain folder structure. Is that what you mean?
Carole
Jul 30, 2014 at 1:27 AM
yes - sorry it wasn't a question. It was an unclear comment designed to help ... which is apparently did not. Whenever we run the VTS tools via MATLAB we have to start in the VTS directory otherwise key structures are not recognized and we get cryptic errors.

I was just suggesting that the error for shelpermisc could be related. If the code was not run from the directory that might explain the errors.

Albert Cerussi, PhD
Director, Diffuse Optical Spectroscopic Imaging (DOSI) Lab
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic
University of California, Irvine

Developer
Jul 30, 2014 at 1:48 AM
Hey acerussi,
Thanks for pitching in with your help! Much appreciated. But alas, the error is on our side.
Carole