This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Phase information from frequency domain Monte Carlo simulation

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Dear all,

I'm aiming to use the Matlab version of the Monte Carlo command line tool to perform frequency domain simulations of the reflectance as a function of a modulation frequency. For this I use the ROfRhoAndOmega detector, which returns a real number (no complex part).

Assuming that the returned number is related to the magnitude (effective value?), the phase shift information I'm a bit lost how to get the phase shift from this.

Is it possible to obtain the magnitude and phase that occurs when simulating in the frequency domain using the Monte Carlo command line tool?

Thanks,

Martijn
Developer
Mar 27, 2013 at 4:55 AM
Dear Martijn,
Yes, the current code returns amplitude. I have made edits to the code to return a complex matrix now. This way the user can determine amplitude and phase from it. I also noticed that omega is not contained in the output from the MC simulation. This was a oversight. These modifications will be in the next download from codeplex. But I will email you the updated files so that you can work with them in the meantime.
Thanks for your interest and for helping us improve our code.
Carole
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Hi Carole,

Thank you for the quick response! Should I get the source code and recompile it with the new files or will they be binaries?

Martijn