This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Beautifying phd maps

Apr 13, 2012 at 6:39 AM

this is of course minor ... (but I can make it a bigger deal if you want).

minor deal: can you center the s/d separation around zero to make the maps symmetrical?

more challenging:  is it possible to add cutoffs onto the plot so that we can exclude photons with hitting/detection probabilities below a certain value?   If this can be tied into detection probabilities that would really help in the interpretation of these maps.

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Hi acerussi,

If I understand correctly, I think the more challenging MapView question is a little easier: uncheck "Auto Scale" and you can set the minimum value, and all values lower than that will be black. The auto-scaled max will be the max in the image, so you can pick some fraction of this number if you'd like, and set that as the minimum.

We'll ponder centering the s-d separation and get back to you.

Thanks for all the feedback!

David

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:49 AM

That does help , thanks!

This goes a bit beyond just the display of the data, but one of things we would love to know is how much each section of that phd map contributes to the detected signal.  I suppose one could integrate this volume and get some sort of idea, but online tools to see if "I had a perturbation at this location, would the pvd map be distorted" is ultimately what we need to know.

I realize this may not be trivial, but that is ultimately what would help.

are there any plans to be able to use these maps in the time domain?  maybe if we can gate the transmitted pulse and plot the maps for a given t tange?

thanks for the help!

Albert