This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error running VTS_MATLAB_v2.0.0Preview on Matlab R2011a

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:28 PM
When running .\VTS_MATLAB_v2.0.0Preview\vts_solver_demo.m, I get the error listed below. Digging into this a little bit, it looks like none of the .NET assemblies are being loaded during the call vts_solver_demo.m->startup.m->loadAssemblies.m. I have successfully run the same script using the earlier version, .\VTS_MATLAB_v1.0.13Beta\vts_solver_demo.m. Any thoughts anyone? Thank you!

??? Undefined variable "Vts" or class "Vts.Factories.SolverFactory.GetForwardSolver".

Error in ==> VtsSolvers>VtsSolvers.ROfRhoAndFt at 153
        fs = Vts.Factories.SolverFactory.GetForwardSolver(VtsSolvers.Options.SolverType);
Error in ==> vts_solver_demo at 24
test = VtsSolvers.ROfRhoAndFt(op, rho, ft);
Developer
Sep 26, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Hi pperea,
Usually when I get that error, it is because my default path does not include the folder vts_libraries. I usually startup matlab within the folder of the extracted files, this way the matlab "userpath" is the startup folder. I just extracted the download, went to the extracted folder, and double-clicked vts_solver_demo.m to bring up matlab. Then when the vts_solver_demo.m window appears, I click the right green arrow on the top toolbar. Give this a try and see if still get the error.
Carole
Sep 27, 2014 at 12:03 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!
I started from scratch, downloading the package and running again. It still crashes on Matlab R2011a, but I tried the exact same code on another machine with Matlab R2012a and it works fine. Stepping through the code, I can see the issue is in loadAssemblies, line 44 - in the try/catch block. The exception error is shown below. I tried adding the path for vts_libraries, this did not help. For the successful run on R2012a, vts_libraries is not in the path anyhow. Any thoughts on this? thanks again.

??? Message: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\MATLAB\R2011a\WORK\temp\VTS_MATLAB_v2.0.0Preview\vts_libraries\mc.exe' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
Source: mscorlib
HelpLink:
Developer
Sep 27, 2014 at 11:35 AM
I see. I've got R2012a on my machine.

vts_solver_demo.m calls startup.m which calls loadAssemblies.
loadAssemblies.m can be found in the folder vts/utilities/. It points to the folder 'vts_libraries' using:
directory = getFullPath('vts_libraries\'); [line 23]

So on line 45 in the try/catch block, the assembly_names listed starting on line 25 (which includes 'mc.exe') get loaded with:
library = assembly_names(i);
try
VTS_ASSEMBLIES(i) = NET.addAssembly([directory library]);
catch
should be found provided mc.exe exists within vts_libraries.

I'll try to find a machine at work with R2011a on it to try to debug.

I'm sorry you're having problems.
Sep 28, 2014 at 3:48 AM
Hi Again,

I think the problem may be that the VTS software is calling .NET Framework 4.0 assemblies and Matlab 2011a only supports .NET Frameworks 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5

http://www.mathworks.com/support/compilers/R2011a/win32.html
Developer
Sep 29, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Thanks for figuring that out! I'll confer with our software architect and open source project manager and see if there is a plan to support prior assemblies.
Thanks for your interest in our software. I'll get back to you soon.
Carole