This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Infinite geometry forward model

Jul 4, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Howdy,
How do I specify an infinite geometry in any of the models (SDA or Monte Carlo) from Matlab? I am trying to solve the inverse problem by using lsqcurvefit on the forward model in matlab.

Many thanks,
Tom
Developer
Jul 5, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Hi Tom,
We don't have an infinite geometry solver for SDA yet. But with the Matlab interoperability code, you can generate a Monte Carlo solution with an embedded source within a medium that is a slab, but you can make that slab as thick as you want so essentially infinite. We have embedded isotropic sources and many others to choose from. However, I'm not sure we have an appropriate detector for you. What kind of detection did you want to specify?
Carole
Jul 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Hi Carole,
Thanks for the information! The experiment involves a source and detector that are separate fibers submersed in liquid. Do you have something that would be appropriate for that?

Many thanks,
Tom
Developer
Jul 11, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Hi Tom,

We have a source that will work for you, but unfortunately, we don't have a detector definition that suits your needs yet. We have a RadianceOfRho that is a surface crossing detector at z=z0 plane within the tissue, but it captures downward photon movement (it was designed for dosimetry). Possibly this detector but with upward movement capture would work for you?

Carole
Aug 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I think so. Perhaps with an adjustable NA?

Best,
Tom